Monday, August 16, 2010

Zhu Zhu Pets Wild Bunch Prankster Party

Ahhh Zhu Zhu pets...they are BIG at our house. It started last fall when I spotted these cute little toys in the stores and I thought my daughter would like them. I bought one and put it back for Christmas. Little did I know that they were going to be "THE" toy of the season so she was thrilled to get her first little hamster pet.
Then came the Zhu Zhu game for the Nintendo DS...my daughter HAD to have the game that came with the free baby hamster so I got that for her Easter basket. I will have to admit I really think the little baby ones are so cute!!!

Then awhile back my daughter was asked to be a Zhu Zhu pet kid reporter. She absolutely LOVED doing this and has been talking Zhu Zhu pretty much ever since so when I found out that we were going to get to do a Zhu Zhu party I knew she was going to be super excited.
About a week or so ago I received a box in the mail from ZhuZhu Pets and MomSelect (THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!) to host a party for my daughter and her friends to introduce the newest line in the Zhu Zhu Pet Collection.

So let me introduce you to these crazy little critters! Stinker the Skunk, Sweetie the Bunny, Rocco the Raccoon and ZuZu the Hedgehog make up this Wild Bunch. They each have their own personality and zany sounds! They are so cute! I love them and the kids did too.

School was getting ready to start here so I thought I better get this party together before school started or our friends would get busy and have plans so we decided to have a Back To School Playdate/Zhu Zhu Prankster Party. My friends are all about parties and play dates so of course they were up for it.



When our friends showed up we started the party by playing a game called Musical Mayhem. It is played like musical chairs.



We had to change up the rules a little bit because the kids were soooo excited they didn't want to listen to me change the rules hahaa so we played the game and when a person got out I gave them a "token" that matched one on the Zhu Zhu pet box so the kids wouldn't fight over who got which one! This worked out well!

After we played this game we played Hot Wild Bunch...think Hot Potato but with Zhu Zhu pets instead of a potato. The kids loved this too. I was laughing so hard I didn't get any pictures!

After this we had a snack. I really wanted to have "Prank" type food but I really had a group of picky eaters so we just went with cupcakes and a few other treats.

After gobbling down cupcakes and juice I sent the kids outside to do a little Kid Reporting on these new Wild Bunch pranksters. The idea of the same was that someone was a reporter and the others were the Wild Bunch and they were on the hunt to find out what was making these mysterious marks on the sidewalk. The kids had a lot of fun doing this and drew the marking from the back of their hamsters plus they drew what their marking would be if they were a Zhu Zhu. Cute cute!



It was a hot hot day so we came in and cooled down with Rocco's Rockin' Strawberry Smoothie and the kids played with the Wild Bunch zooming them all over the floor. It was a lot of fun seeing them interact with each other (the kids and the Zhu Zhus)!

A couple of our friends couldn't make it at the last minute so we sent home a Zhu Zhu pet for them to play with when they were feeling better.

Overall we had an awesome play date with lots of fun. The kids LOVED the Zhu Zhu pets and couldn't believe they got to take one home. I have a feeling they will all be talking about this for a long time to come. The Wild Bunch is a great addition to the Zhu-niverse!

Disclosure: ZhuZhu Pets and MomSelect provided me with Wild Bunch Pets, Sidewalk Chalk, themed game ideas, and recipes. Any thoughts/opinions on this product are of my own and are in no way influenced by the products we received. Thank you MomSelect and ZhuZhu Pets.

1 comment:

All That Glitters said...

I received it!!! YAY!!!! Thank you so much!!! He has a back and white mo hawk too!!!! I'm thinking about putting him up as a Christmas present! Thank you again!!!!

~Jennifer

also, I'm so glad your dd and her friends had fun!!! Sounds fun to me!